Remuneration: R14000 – R16000 per month Cost to company
Location: Cape Town, Gardens
Education level: Diploma
Job level: Junior
Type: 6 month
Can you write excellently in a range of styles? Do you have your finger on the pulse of what’s working in social media and what isn’t? Are you thoughtful, creative, meticulous and resourceful?
Our small digital agency is looking for a junior social media manager for a six-month contract with a view to go permanent.
While the core focus of this role will be social media, it also allows for crossover to other elements of digital marketing, including WordPress websites and digital newsletter creation.
Start date: 1 May 2020
The role will involve:
- Developing social media strategies and monthly content for a broad range of clients
- Monitoring accounts on a daily basis
- Engaging with various online communities
- Reviewing and reporting on account performance
- Working within brand protocols
- Listening to and engaging in relevant social discussions about our brands and their industries
- Crafting and sending out MailChimp newsletters
- Uploading content to WordPress websites
Pomegranite is an online presence consultancy based in Cape Town with a satellite office in Joburg. We build websites and offer digital marketing through social media and newsletters to grow businesses online. We enjoy helping brands articulate who they are and telling their story – what sets them apart from the competition – on the right platform, to reach the right audience.
Your role will be to work with our social media strategist in a growing portfolio of dynamic brands. We work with a broad range of clients, but focus on SMEs, the education sector and the NGO sector. You will be supported in learning the ropes but expected to dive in and grow your skills.
We work hard but we believe in a work-life balance and enjoying what we do. A small team means that we pull together when we need to but we’re not micro-managers. A small team also means that you will be exposed to a broad range of digital marketing skills. This is the perfect role for someone who wants to learn and grow in a supportive and dynamic environment.
The right person needs to be:
- A graduate/have a tertiary education
- Experienced – ideally one or two years’ experience in a similar role
- Based in Cape Town
- Available for a full-time position
- Excellent with words: exceptional at writing content, creative, grammar-conscious
- Experienced with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Have a good sense of humour
- Driven, bright, resourceful, motivated, able to take initiative (i.e. we would like to be able to give you some direction, but then have you run with a strategy)
- Able to interpret analytics in reporting and adjust campaigns accordingly
- Able to see the broad trajectory of a campaign as it unfolds while not missing out on individual engagement opportunities
- Able to manage your own time, be responsible for your own deadlines
- Manage a wide range of social media accounts – be as comfortable working with a luxury safari brand as a human rights organisation
- A team player with people skills
- Able to work well under pressure (there will be pressure. But there will also be “inspiration days”)
- Design skills
- Knowledge of design programmes
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Knowledge of SEO
Please apply by downloading and completing the application form below, and sending it with your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.