Social media manager wanted
Remuneration: R15000 per month Cost to company
Location: Cape Town, Gardens, CBD
Education level: Diploma
Job level: Mid
Own transport required: Yes
Our small digital agency is looking for a social media and community manager. Do you have your finger on the pulse of what’s working in social media and what isn’t? Can you write excellently in a range of styles? Are you thoughtful, creative, meticulous and resourceful?
The role will involve:
- Developing social media strategies and monthly content for a broad range of clients
- Monitoring accounts on a daily basis
- Engaging with various online communities
- Reviewing and reporting on performance
- Working within brand protocols
- Listening to and engaging in relevant social discussions about our brands and their industries
Start date: as soon as possible, but we’re looking for the right person.
Your role will be to work on our social team in a growing portfolio of dynamic brands. We work with a broad range of clients, but focus on SMEs, the education sector and the NGO sector. You will be part of a small, passionate team and gain hands-on experience in a growing, exciting business. You will be supported in learning the ropes but also expected to dive in and grow your skills.Apply here
Pomegranite is an online presence consultancy based in Cape Town with a satellite office in Joburg. We build websites and offer digital marketing through social media and newsletters to grow businesses online. We enjoy helping brands articulate who they are and telling their story – what sets them apart from the competition – on the right platform, to reach the right audience.
The business was started four years ago by Liz and Sarah – English Lit grads who decided there was a gap in the market for well-built websites that tell the right stories about brands. Since then, our team has grown by two (a front-end developer and a social media strategist).
We work hard but we believe in a work-life balance and enjoying what we do. A small team means that we pull together when we need to but we’re not micro-managers. This is the perfect role for someone who wants to learn and grow in a supportive and dynamic environment.
The right person needs to be:
- A graduate/have a tertiary education
- Experienced – two years’ experience in a similar role
- Based in Cape Town
- Available for a full-time position
- Excellent with words: creative, grammar-conscious
- Have a good sense of humour
- Experienced with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Able to interpret analytics in reporting and adjust campaigns accordingly
- Driven, bright, resourceful, motivated, able to take initiative (i.e. we would like to be able to give you some direction, but then have you run with a campaign)
- Able to see the broad trajectory of a campaign as it unfolds while not missing out on individual engagement opportunities
- Able to manage your own time, be responsible for your own deadlines
- Manage a wide range of social media accounts – be as comfortable working with a luxury safari brand as a human rights organisation
- A team player with people skills
- Able to work well under pressure (There will be pressure. But there will also be ‘inspiration days’)
- Design skills
- Knowledge of design programmes
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Knowledge of SEO
- Knowledge of Google Analytics