Our top five lunch spots
Working at Pomegranite means a multitude of things. One of these things is that we work really hard, another is that we are located at the top of Wale Street in the city center (a prime spot for most of our gustatory requirements). Eating amazing food makes us happy and gives us something to look forward to. And yes, sometimes we have second lunch. With all of this in mind, here are our top five lunch spots:
Siblings Bistro – 142 Buitengracht Street
This toasted treat is a definite winner for 3 reasons:
- It is so yummy! All of us just love it and manage the humungous portions just fine.
- It is around the corner from our office.
- Balsamic reduction.
Food Lover’s Market – 122 St Georges Mall
Elixir Café – 120 Bree Street
This rooti makes us feel loved and nourished. It is jam-packed with veggies and delicious chutney. Our advice: just go and try it!
Earth Fair Food Market – St Georges Mall (every Thursday from 12pm to 6pm)
- Spinach and feta quiche (R15!)
- Grilled haloumi kebab, tzatziki and flat bread (R30)
- Broekie brownies – cookie dough and brownie mix in one delicious go (R25)
Bread, Milk and Honey – 10 Spin Steet
BM&H lays out a delicious, healthy spread for lunch everyday filled with salads, pasta, quiche, curries, all kinds of veggies and it is easy to load up your plate with way too much deliciousness.