Intern at Pomegranite
Are you a whip-smart go-getter with sights set on a career in digital? Do you want to get hands-on experience in a small team working with a range of channels and platforms? Let’s see what you’ve got.
Our small digital agency is looking for a hungry intern to learn about all aspects of our business, from social media and newsletters to website and content development. This is a generalist role that includes writing, research, basic website building, team support, simple design, and social media. You will be given clear briefs and guidance so no specific experience is required, but what we do want is a fast learner who will be an enthusiastic member of the team. Does that sound like a role you could pour yourself into?
Remuneration: R5000 per month (cost to company)
Location: Gardens, Cape Town
Education level: Degree / diploma
Job Lovel: Intern
Employment type: 6-month contract
Start date: 1 May 2018 (flexible)
Please apply directly via this form.
The role will involve training and work in the following areas:
- WordPress website development
- Strategic and creative brainstorming
- Social media content research and development
- Community management
- Blog writing
- Newsletter creation
- Design collateral roll out
Pomegranite is an online presence consultancy based in Cape Town with a satellite office in Joburg. We build websites and offer digital marketing through social media and newsletters to grow businesses online. We enjoy helping brands articulate who they are and telling their story – what sets them apart from the competition – on the right platform, to reach the right audience.
The business was started four years ago by Liz and Sarah – English Lit grads who decided there was a gap in the market for well-built websites that tell the right stories about brands. Since then, our team has grown by three (a front-end developer and two social media strategists).
Your role will be to work with our whole team in a growing portfolio of dynamic brands. We work with a broad range of clients, but focus on SMEs, the education sector and the NGO sector. You will be supported in learning the ropes but expected to dive in and grow your skills.
We work hard but we believe in a work-life balance and enjoying what we do. A small team means that we pull together when we need to but we’re not micro-managers. This is the perfect role for someone who wants to learn and grow in a supportive and dynamic environment.
The right person needs to be:
• A graduate/have a tertiary education
• Based in Cape Town
• Available for a full-time position
• Good with words, creative, grammar-conscious, have a good sense of humour
• Experienced with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc)
• Driven, bright, resourceful, motivated, able to take initiative
• Able to manage your own time, be responsible for your own deadlines
• A team player with people skills
• Able to work well under pressure (There will be pressure. But there will also be “inspiration days”.)